Anti-Money Laundering

Q. I have been asked to send/bring in money laundering documentation, what do I need to bring?

A. You need one of the following documents: current passport, photocard driving licence or firearms certificate. If you cannot provide one of these documents you will need to provide alternative proofs of both identity and address. Please telephone us so that we can help you to identify acceptable documents. Please note that photocopies of documents are not acceptable unless they are certified (see answer to next question).

Q. What does a certified copy mean (in relation to money laundering)?

A. A certified copy means a photocopy which is signed by a third party who is not a direct relative. The third party must be a professional person (e.g. lawyer, accountant, post master/sub-master, banker, teacher, minister, doctor, etc. etc.). The third party must have seen the original and must write above their signature that the copy is a true replica of the original and (if applicable) that the photograph bears a true likeness. They must state their capacity, contact details and the date of signature.

Q. Why do I need to provide documentation?

A. Quite simply, we need to evidence that we have verified your identity. Many of our client relationships are long established but we are required to retain evidence of your identity by our regulator. As you would expect, we take our responsibilities in this area seriously.

Back to Frequently Asked Questions Listing

There is no advertising budget – we grow via progress by existing clients and their recommendations to others.